Doing business in the Pacific Alliance - Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru
Voka – Chamber of Commerce East-Flanders, together with Flanders Investment and Trade (FIT) and in close cooperation with the Embassies of Peru, Chile, Colombia and Mexico is organizing a seminar on doing business in the Pacific Alliance.
The seminar seeks to develop new business opportunities between Flanders and the four countries (Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru) that are members of the Pacific Alliance, informing Flemish companies about the situation and trends of its markets, both in terms of international trade and investments, with special emphasis in those sectors of particular relevance for the Flemish economy and that of the Pacific Alliance´s countries.
The program will include presentations of the progresses that have been made on different aspects of cooperation including the free movement of goods and services, financial integration, digital agenda and innovation, as well as business opportunities in different fields of trade and investment.
15.00 – 15.30 u. Registration of attendees
15.30 – 16.00 u. The Pacific Alliance
- Welcome address by Geert Moerman, Managing director - Voka – Chamber of Commerce East-Flanders (5')
- The Pacific Alliance: Presentation by the ambassador of Peru, HE Gonzalo Gutierrez, (10')
- Progresses in the free movement of good and services in the Pacific Alliance: Presentation by the ambassador of Chile, HE Raúl Fernández Daza (5')
- Progresses in financial integration and the free movement of capital: Presentation by the ambassador of Colombia, HE Felipe Garcia (5')
- Progresses in digital agenda and innovation (and SMEs): Presentation by the ambassador of Mexico, HE Mauricio Escanero (5')
16.00 – 17.00 u. Business opportunity in the countries of the Pacific Alliance
- Peru: Presentation by the ambassador of Peru, HE Gonzalo Gutierrez, (10')
- Chile: Presentation by the ambassador of Chile, HE Raúl Fernández Daza (10')
- Colombia: Presentation by the ambassador of Colombia, HE Felipe Garcia (10')
- Mexico: Presentation by the ambassador of Mexico, HE Mauricio Escanero (10')
17.00 – 17.30 u. Testimonial of an enterprise
- Testimonial of AGP Group “Newcomer of the Year Trophy 2019” in the the 7th edition of the Foreign Investment Trophy. Presentation by Antonio Balata, vice president of AGP.
- Testimonial of SADACI company, European leader in the production of Molybdenum (Mo). Presentation by Mr. Godfried Van Schuylenbergh, CEO of SADACI
17.30 – 17.40 u. Conclusions of the Seminar
- Conclusion by the CEO of Flanders Investment and Trade (FIT) Mrs. Claire Tillekaerts (5-10') (**)
17.40 – 18.00 u. Questions and answers
18.00 – 19.00 u. Reception and Networking
- The Commercial and Economic attachés of each embassy and the Belgian Commercial Counselor to the Pacific Alliance countries will participate in the seminar.
- The four countries of the Pacific Alliance will present typical food and beverages from each country.
(**) To be confirmed.
The Pacific Alliance is an initiative of regional integration, officially established on April 28th, 2011 by Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru. Its objectives are firstly to build a regional area of deep integration, secondly, to drive further growth, development and competitiveness to the economies of its members, and thirdly to become a platform of political articulation, economic and commercial integration. The countries in the Pacific Alliance already have bilateral agreements with the European Union. In the year 2000, a Free Trade Agreement came into effect between Mexico and the E.U.; in 2002, Chile signed the Association Agreement; and finally, in 2012, Peru and Colombia signed the Trade Agreement with the E.U.
The Pacific Alliance is the eighth world economic power representing 40% of the GDP of Latin America and the Caribbean, 50% of the total trade and attracts 45% of the Foreign Direct Investment. It is the eighth export force worldwide. In 2017, it exported $562 billion and imported $564 billion. It attracts 55.9 million of foreign tourists annually while the four countries gather a population of 225 million persons and have an average per capita GPD of USD 18.000. It offers competitive advantages for international business that will be presented during the seminar.
You have until May 7 to register. For questions or problems with registration, please contact email@example.com.