FSMA - You need a private dedicated whistleblowing channel
The recent developments at the EU Commission and the FSMA force companies in Belgium to consider implementing a private dedicated whistleblowing channel, accept anonymous disclosures, protect whistleblowers, and follow pre-described procedures. This to complement the whistleblower tools recently set up by European and Belgian authorities.
- When must companies be ready?
- How can whistleblowing procedures be implemented in a cost-effective manner?
- How to protect whistleblowers?
- What other quality standards apply to whistleblowing procedures?
- How to deal with accessibility, confidentiality, anonymous disclosures, interactive hotlines, language, security, labour law, privacy and GDPR?
Evert-Jan Lammers, Partner Ebben Partners
Sonny Luypaert, Chair ACFE Belgium, Partner Ebben Partners
Michael Olislaegers, Partner Awerian
Dylan Casaer, Partner Awerian
Contact Anja De Clercq: email@example.com or 0477 72 74 17.